A range of sexual health services are offered at the surgery including:
- Contraception and contraception advice
- Emergency contraception and emergency contraception advice
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhoea and genital warts and testing and counselling for HIV and AIDS are available at the local family planning clinics.
If you need advice and support with a sexual health matter or you think you have a problem you would like to discuss, please call the surgery to make an appointment with your GP.
Sexual health services are freely available for everyone.
For more information please visit the websites below:
- Family Planning Association: Sexual Health Advice
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sexual Health Topics – NHS Choices
Videos from NHS Choices
You can’t tell if someone’s got an STI just by looking at them. See real people talk about using condoms. Find out more about STIs.
If you’ve had unprotected sex you might have a sexually transmitted infection (STI). See how to find out if you have, how it can be treated, and how it can affect your health.